6 minute gooey egg
(makes 1 | 10 minutes | easy)
Timing eggs just right so they become soft-boiled, wonderfully gooey on the inside yet not undercooked is not an easy mission. Alas, I am here to save you from too many “almost perfect” eggs. You’re welcome.
1 medium-sized egg, room temp – water – salt and pepper to season
- Place a small yet deep pot filled with water to boil (the egg, once placed inside, must be covered completely by water).
- Once it boils, place the room temperature egg in the pot using a spoon – with all the care in the world – to stop it from cracking.
- As soon as the egg is underwater, start the timer for 6 minutes.
- Whilst the egg cooks, prep a small bowl with ice and water.
- Remove the egg precisely on the 6 minute mark (always using a spoon with care) and dunk it immediately in the ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- After a few minutes have passed, peel the egg (underwater is easier) then cut in half with a wet knife (to make the cut smoother) and voilà! Behold your gooey egg.
You can place it on top of noodles, soup, avocado toast, veggies… whatever your heart desires!