Baked Peaches from Piemonte
(makes 4 | 1 hour | easy)
This amazing dessert originating from Piedmont, Italy, has been in my family for four generations. A very simple and easy to make summer dessert which requires very few ingredients. The melted chocolate pairs exquisitely with the peach and is a real crowd pleaser.
2 peaches – 50g dark chocolate – 40g Amaretti biscuits (4 or 5 biscuits)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Rinse and dry the peaches. Cut them in half and remove the pit.
- Using a sharp knife remove some of the pulp and place into a bowl.
- Smash the pulp using a fork, then chop the chocolate roughly and mix into the pulp.
- Using your hands, crumble the biscuits into the bowl with the pulp and chocolate and mix well.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, place the four peach halves in it to fit snugly and fill each one with the chocolate, amaretto and pulp mix, level with a spoon.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until soft when poked, then serve warm.