Basic Fresh Egg Dough
(serves 4 | 10 minutes + rest time | medium)
The fresh egg pasta dough recipe you need in your life, from which you can make a multitude of types of pasta, such as Schlutzkrapfen, Raviolo San Domenico, Laminated Pasta and Lasagne.
300g plain “00” flour – 3 eggs – pinch of salt – extra virgin olive oil or water (optional)
- Place the flour onto a wooden surface and create a well in the middle. Crack the eggs into the middle and poke the yolks with a fork.
- Begin whisking the eggs together until combined, then begin gradually incorporating some flour from the well’s walls. Repeat this process until the dough is too thick to be mixed with a fork.
- Remove the dough stuck to the fork and begin kneading with your hands until you achieve a smooth, compact dough which bounces back when poked.
- Wrap the ball of dough tightly in cling film and place it to one side to rest for at least 30 minutes. The longer you let it rest – within reason – the easier working it will be.
- Once it has rested you can transform it into whatever shape or fill it with any ingredient you desire.