Cavolo nero pesto
(serves 4 | 10 minutes | easy)
We all love pesto, but unfortunately store-bought ones just don’t taste good—and basil is only in season for a few months per year. Cavolo Nero is the perfect substitute.
10 kale leaves – extra virgin olive oil – 1 handful of pine nuts – 1 garlic clove – 4 tbsp grated parmigiano
- Dice the kale leaves, rinse them and spread them out to dry. Then place them in a bowl with the pine leaves, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and garlic. Blend
- If the pesto isn’t smooth enough, add more olive oil.
- Once you’ve reached the desired consistency add the grated parmigiano and mix well.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, add the pasta and cook according to packet instructions.
- Place the desired amount of pesto in a serving bowl and add 2 tablespoons of cooking water, mix well (makes the sauce creamier).
- Drain the pasta, place it in the bowl and toss it with the pesto. Add a few pine nuts on top.